Gastroenterology Clinics of Louisiana
Type your paragraph here.
Alcoholic Liver Disease is now known as
Alcoholic Associated Liver Disease (AALD)
- Daily alcohol intake of 60 grams — a little more than four average drinks in the U.S. — seems to be the tipping point for developing AALD
- Women are at increased risk for alcohol-related diseases.
- Obesity also plays a role. A body mass index greater than 25 in women and 27 in men carries a 2.5-fold risk for the development of cirrhosis.
- Obesity is also a risk factor for steatosis and alcoholic hepatitis.
- A health condition that can improve with treatment